Purpose of the flight and payload description
Details of the balloon flight
Balloon launched on: 11/19/1991 at 01:50
Launch site: Balloon Launch Sector, Cachoeira Paulista, Brazil
Balloon launched by: CLB / INPE
Balloon manufacturer/size/composition: Zero Pressure Balloon 240.000 m3
End of flight (L for landing time, W for last contact, otherwise termination time): 11/19/1991 at ~ 16:00
Balloon flight duration (F: time at float only, otherwise total flight time in d:days / h:hours or m:minutes - ): 14 h
Landing site: In Sao Manuel, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Payload weight: 763 kgs
- Detector to study low-flux hard X-ray/gamma-ray sources Advances in Space Research, 13 (2), 165
- New hard X-ray/gamma-ray telescope - Welcome-1 Proceedings Volume 1734, Gamma-Ray Detectors; (1992)
- Observation of pulsed hard X-rays/gamma-rays from PSR 1509-58 Astrophysical Journal, Part 1, vol. 428, no. 1, p. 284-291
- Well-type phoswich counter for low-flux X-ray/ gamma -ray detection IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 204
- X-Ray/Soft Gamma-Ray Observation of Centaurus A and Its Implication on the Emission Mechanism Publ. of the Astronomical Society of Japan, v.48, p.801-811.
If you consider that this website is interesting or useful, you can help to keep it running with just the equivalent of the price of a cup of coffee. Click on the button on the right for more information.