The ALIOS experience consisted of a series of experiments mainly in the domain of biology. ALIOS 82 experiments were as follows:
- Cytos. Study of the kinetics of proliferation of paramecia cultures.
- Granos. Biological research groups. Somatic and genetic effects of cosmic radiation on young tobacco plants.
- Artemia. Biological research groups. Biological effects of cosmic radiation on the egg of Artemia Salina (brine shrimp).
- Tegumento. Biological research groups. Radiobiological sensitivity of the mouse hair system to cosmic radiation.
Also were included astronomical and technological experiments:
- Barco. Autonomous University of Barcelona. Astronomical experience for the study of primary heavy ion fluxes.
The stack consisted of 10 modules with a surface area (41 x 28) cm2, separated by a 725 µm lead layer. Each module was formed by five plates 500 µm thick and five alternating plates 300 µm thick. All plates were manufactured with a 32 hours cure cycle and half of the modules had incorporated a 1% of DOP additive (dioctyl phtalate). Two thermal probes type AD 590 permitted the stack temperature to be controlled during the flight. The detector stack was housed in a polyestyrene container (62 x 50 x 30) cm3 with walls 15 cm thick. The container was externally covered with five layers of reflecting paint in order to achieve a good thermal isolation.
- ETE. Experience of aeronomy for the measurement of the stratospheric temperature.
- EOLO. Experiment by INTA-Conie. Ozone content in the high atmosphere, using blind witnesses of changes in coloration.
Balloon launched on: 7/14/1982
Launch site: Base di Lancio Luigi Broglio, Trapani, Sicily, Italy
Balloon launched by: Agenzia Spaziale Italiana (ASI) / Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales (CNES)
Balloon manufacturer/size/composition: Zero Pressure Balloon 330.000 m3
End of flight (L for landing time, W for last contact, otherwise termination time): 7/15/1982
Balloon flight duration (F: time at float only, otherwise total flight time in d:days / h:hours or m:minutes - ): 20 h 52 m
Landing site: In Huelva, Spain
Campaign: ODISSEA 82
If you consider that this website is interesting or useful, you can help to keep it running with just the equivalent of the price of a cup of coffee. Click on the button on the right for more information.