Purpose of the flight and payload description
Details of the balloon flight
Balloon launched on: 9/14/1972
Launch site: Cape Girardeau Municipal Airport, Missouri, US
Balloon launched by: Raven Industries Inc.
Balloon manufacturer/size/composition: Zero Pressure Balloon Winzen 15.000.000 cuft Natural Shape (0.7 mils.) 2 Caps. (0.7 Mils) Stratofilm
Balloon serial number: SN:22
Flight identification number: Raven Nº 1338
Balloon flight duration (F: time at float only, otherwise total flight time in d:days / h:hours or m:minutes - ): 40 h 50 m
Campaign: SKYHOOK 72
Payload weight: 2889 lbs.
- Charge and energy spectra of heavy cosmic rays 14th International Conference on Cosmic Rays, Vol.1, p.251
- Energy Spectra of Individual Cosmic-Ray Elements With 12 < Z <= 28 13th International Conference on Cosmic Rays, Vol.1, p.255
- Mean Isotopic Composition of Cosmic Rays with 12< Z<=26 at 2. 7 to 3. 0 GV 13th International Conference on Cosmic Rays, Vol.1, p.115
- Mean isotopic composition of cosmic-ray iron at intermediate enerPhysical Review D - Particles and Fields, 3rd Series, vol. 18, Sept. 1, 1978, p. 1382gies 14th International Conference on Cosmic Rays, Vol.1, p.379
- Flight Summary of balloons made of Stratofilm - 1971 to 1972, Technical report, Winzen Research International. Circa 1973 - Stratocat's private collection
If you consider that this website is interesting or useful, you can help to keep it running with just the equivalent of the price of a cup of coffee. Click on the button on the right for more information.